Model Project Designer, LEGOLAND Studios Carlsbad. April 2010 - Present.
- I design and lay out LEGO model-focussed attractions, primarily MINILAND projects. I lead the choice of actual LEGO models, interactive elements and effects for the project, and I produce the plans that the LEGO model designers, theming vendors, and contractors use to build it.
- I help develop the creative brief for the project, by producing concept ranging from thumbnail sketches to theming booklets.
- I help create the Show Flow, which details how we integrate interactive elements, lighting, sound, and movement to create exciting experiences for guests.
- I lead our team of LEGO Model Designers to ensure the LEGO models match our plans, are built to budget, and are stunning pieces of art to behold.
LEGO Model Designer, LEGOLAND Studios Carlsbad. July 2007 - April 2010
- I designed LEGO sculptures and miniatures for LEGOLAND Parks, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, and other Merlin Entertainments attractions.
- I worked with our effects team to develop new ideas for light, sound and movement effects in models, and integrated them into those models.
- I briefed and led teams of LEGO model builders in the construction of my designs.
Stanford University, Stanford, California. Class of 2005
- I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy, and I completed a minor in Creative Writing.
- I graduated Phi Beta Kappa (academic honors).
- I also studied government, political science, foreign relations, economics, statistics, cultural anthropology, history, and psychology.
MiraCosta College, Solana Beach, California. 2013.
- Coursework in drawing with a variety of media and techniques.
Qualifications and Skills
- Rhinoceros 3D modelling software
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- LEGO Digital Designer
- LEGO Brickbuilder
- Freehand drawing